WHY USE A RELOCATION AGENCY?
Let´s face it – moving to another city, not to mention another country, is a very brave thing to do. It takes an immense amount of preparation, planning, budgeting and of course courage to make a move such as this.
For most people the first thing that comes to mind is the language barrier and they start to wonder how they will ever manage in their new society if they don´t speak the language. For others who might already speak the language, often than not they underestimate how differently business is done in their new city, compared to what they may be used to. This is very true of Barcelona (and Spain in fact), where new real estate agencies are popping up like wild mushrooms and all of them are out to make money in any way they can. Unfortunately this sometimes means that the tenant doesn´t have full transparency and is often left with unwelcome surprises (financially and otherwise).
We have experienced a number of times where people contacted us inquiring about our services and ended up attempting the flat-finding on their own – just to come back to us a week later in desperation and frustration, asking our assistance. The reasons were multiple, but generally there are a few reasons why it is much safer to entrust a relocation agency to the task:
- We have a sound knowledge of the different areas of Barcelona and what a fair price should be for an apartment, ensuring that you get value for your money and can negotiate on rental price.
- We know which agencies are to be trusted and how to spot the scams. If you don´t speak Spanish, you will mostly deal with international agencies only, with very limited listings.
- We have access to the entire property market in Barcelona, not just a few listings.
- From experience we know what paperwork you need to improve your chances of getting the flat you want.
- We act on your behalf and in your best interest only, providing unbiased and honest information.
- We assist you with correspondence with your landlord for any issues you might have.
These are just a few of the things that some people don´t take into consideration when attempting to find accommodation on their own. Of course there are many other factors that we also had to learn through experience, which puts us in a good position to offer this experience to others.
Of course there is a fee for our knowledge and assistance. However it is almost certain that the cost of using a relocation agency is much less than attempting to find accommodation on your own. Consider that you will have to pay for at least one week in a hotel as well as car rental and parking, numerous telephone calls and the fact that you face the risk of being over-charged by scrupulous agents who only see you as a commission check. In addition to that, you will still have to figure out how to arrange for utilities to be paid for from your bank account, set up home internet, etc.
In order for you to find your ideal home in Barcelona that matches your requirements but also having peace of mind that you are being taken care of and getting value for your money, make sure you consider the services of a relocation agency.
For more information on what we do and how you can work with us, click here.