MONTJUIC OPEN-AIR CINEMA
You spent the whole day on the beach and now you’re burned, tired and lazy. It´s too hot to do anything at home, and going out means wrestling your way through thousands of tourists. How awesome would it be if you could watch a movie in the cool evening breeze, under the stars, on the grass next to a castle, with your favorite people and your favorite snacks and drinks? Well, you can!
The Montjuic open-air cinema (called Sala Montjuic) is an annual event that takes place at Montjuic Castle, and this year is the 14th edition of this highly successful event. It starts on 1st of July with screenings every 2nd or 3rd day until 5th August (Full programme below) It opens at 20h30 with a live musical performance just before 21h00 and the actual screening at 22h00.
Deck chairs can also be rented at the event and in the past, food, drinks and snacks were sold. However if you have your own deck chairs or prefer to sit on a blanket on the grass, that’s entirely up to you.
Whatever you decide to do, make sure that you get there early to find a good spot!
This year, the organizers have decided to offer 3 different options when purchasing your tickets:
- GUIDED TOUR:
The ticket to the film itself as well as a guided walking tour of the castle before the screening
- BAR SECO ORGANIC PICNICS:
The ticket to the film as well as a picnic pack. Options include burgers (meat or veggie), hummus, samosas, potato wedges with vegan sauce, cakes and a “dish of the day”
- STANDARD TICKET:
The ticket to the film only (you can also buy a packs of tickets for 3 or 5 screenings)
You can either book your tickets online through the website or in person at the event, however we recommend buying them online as tickets can sell out very fast and there is only a limited amount of tickets available to be purchased on-site.
- A special complimentary bus service will be made available to take movie-goers down to Plaza España after every screening.
- Please note that, unfortunately, you can not bring your pets with you.
- As unlikely as it may seem, it does actually get quite chilly and damp at night up on Montjuic, so take a blanket or sweater with you.
- In case of rain before the screening starts, anyone with a purchased ticket will be refunded. In case it starts to rain after the screening has started, you will be able use your ticket for another screening.
WHAT´S SHOWING AND WHEN