HEALTH INSURANCE BARCELONA
One of the most important things to consider when moving to Barcelona, is how you will be taking care of your health. Even though public health insurance in Barcelona is good, as Spain is considered to have one of the best public healthcare systems in Europe (and the world), waiting-times for procedures like x-rays and blood tests can be extremely long. Not to mention waiting for an appointment to see any kind of specialist. Additionally many people who apply for their NIE require private medical insurance.
Finding the right kind of insurance that covers your specific healthcare requirements can be difficult in your own country – let alone in a foreign country where you don´t speak with language. There are many factors to consider when making comparisons to different healthcare providers, and it can be difficult to understand which provider includes/excludes certain procedures, for example.
For this reason and due to the high level of enquiries we have had from our customers about good, affordable health insurance where they can speak with someone in English, we have established a collaboration with one of the most professional agents available in Barcelona. Representing Cosalud by Catalana Occidente, one of the biggest insurance companies in Spain, Rainer has many years of experience in all kinds of insurance and prides himself in his high-level of customer care.
Why choose Cosalud health Insurance?
In Cosalud, your peace of mind is the main goal, which is why for paediatrics and gynaecology, you get to choose the specialist that treats you. Furthermore, they include
reimbursements on pharmacy expenses so you have no problem following your treatments.
Cosalud offers three contract plans:
- without copay at all
- with low copay
- and with high copay – so that you can be the one who manages your health policy.
They have also worked hard to improve their services as much as possible by offering you the following conveniences:
- 24-hour medical help line
- prompt response on authorizations (maximum 2 hours)
- optimization of national medical teams
and the ability to fill out the health questionnaire via telephone.
Maximum coverage on the market
- Medical consultations for primary care. General, paediatric, and childcare medicine, ambulance services, infirmary, home and outpatient emergencies in medical centers.
- Access to medical specialties, consultations, or hospital regimens, including advanced technological diagnostic procedures (PET, magnetic resonance, etc.) and therapeutic procedures, surgical specialties, and individual room with accompanying bed.
- The best hospital assistance, including ICU.
- Dental Plus supplement.
- Family planning. IUD implantation, tubal ligation, vasectomy.
- Includes prostheses, without limits. They cover cornea transplants and autologous bone marrow transplants.
- Reimbursement for urgent care (vital and non-vital) in provinces lacking services.
- Coverage for work-related and traffic accidents.
- Access to therapeutic tools: pain treatment, chemotherapy and radiotherapy, acupuncture, aerosol therapy, physiotherapy and rehabilitation, homeopathy and sports medicine, logo-speech therapy, pedology, preparation for childbirth, etc.
- Preventative medicine via specific plans. Annual gynaecological, coronary, colorectal and prostate cancer, and basic adult medical checks, among several others.
- 15 clinical psychology sessions per year and free psychological care over the phone, 24 hours a day and 7 days a week.
- The ability to obtain a second medical opinion nationally and internationally for serious illnesses.
- An international assistance service for when you’re traveling.
- Access to a vast array of health and well-being services at incredible prices. Ocular refractive laser surgery, green laser KTP treatment for benign hypertrophy of the prostate, assisted reproduction, psychological consultations, etc.
To receive your free, commitment-free medical insurance estimate today, contact us now!