WHY USE A RELOCATION AGENCY?
You have decided that you want to start a new life in a foreign country, and experience a different perspective on things. Or your work requires you to relocate and you have accepted the challenge and everything that comes with it.
Naturally, the first human reaction is to become stressed and anxious, when you start to think about all the aspects of a relocation. All the arrangements that have to be made before leaving. Deciding whether you are going to move all your belongings, only some of your things, or leave everything behind and start fresh in your new home. Then there is also the concern about all the admin and paperwork involved once you get to your new country:
- Finding a place to live
- Opening a bank account
- Enrolling your children in the right school
- Ensuring that your legal paperwork is correct
- Applying for social medicine (or private insurance)
- Making sure that your driver´s license is in order
- Setting up your home and mobile telephones
- Having your pets registered
…and many other things to keep in mind that will make your head spin!
This is why the majority of expats moving to other countries (as well as companies relocating their staff) are making use of relocation agencies such as JUSTLanded!BCN. These agencies have very good knowledge and appreciation of all the work that goes with moving to another country, and in most cases are people just like you that at one point or another were also in the same situation, and also had to deal with the stresses and concerns. Our aim is to provide an essential service by helping you to understand your new environment and help you settle into it more easily.
Some tips that can help you get the most out of this service :
- Be as open and direct as possible with the agency – give as much information as possible to save time.
- Start the relationship on a good tone – the agency will be your lifeline for the first 2 or 3 weeks in Barcelona.
- Make sure that you know what to expect from the agency, and that they know what to expect from you
- If you are being relocated by your boss, ensure that he/understands that you will need free time during the day to see flats and take care of paperwork and other tasks with the agency.
- Don’t be afraid to ask! Ask the agency any questions that may come up, even if you think they are stupid questions!
- Always bear in mind that when looking for a flat, you always need to be flexible to a certain extent, and be willing to accept that inevitably, you will probably have to sacrifice one of your requirements in order to find a flat.