DIGITAL CERTIFICATE in BARCELONA
Having a digital certificate in Barcelona is one of the most convenient ways to make your life much easier. More and more governmental services are switching towards a more digital-friendly platform in Spain. This means that administrative procedures that would previously have required you to visit an office, can now be done online. This digital certificate is installed in your computer, tablet or smartphone and allows you to digitally access a government website and electronically sign through those platforms. The certificate can be issued by many different entities in Spain and there exist different types. There is also another type of certificate referred to as “Cl@ve”, which works in a similar way but in our experience, the standard digital certificate is much less complicated to use.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH A DIGITAL CERTIFICATE IN BARCELONA?
One of the first things you will notice once you start living in Barcelona, is that government offices love paperwork. And naturally, bureaucracy goes with that paperwork. It stands to reason that anyone would prefer to avoid this infamous bureaucracy in Spain and try to avoid a visit to the relevant office. Additionally, if you don’t speak Spanish yet, having a digital certificate will also eliminate any language barriers.
Some of the many ways that you can use this certificate:
- To access the tax authorities website and handle your income taxes
- Obtaining permits through the town hall website
- Obtaining social security and access your social security profile to download working history certificate, change personal details, etc.
- Registering a business or as self-employed
- Paying fines
- Carrying your Spanish driver’s license digitally on your phone
- Consult and obtain property data certificates associated with the owner
- Electronic birth certificate/marriage certificate
- Electronic criminal record certificate
- Obtain a document that accredits the right to public health care.
- Apply for the European Health Card.
- Access to clinical history, graph with general health data and appointment calendar
The digital certificate can also be used to renew residency in certain cases and if you qualify for Spanish citizenship, this application can also be done electronically.
Based on the demand from our many clients, we have structured a service where we assist them with obtaining a digital certificate in Barcelona. The process involves a very brief appointment at a centrally-located office, where you simply need to identify yourself. After that, we assist you with instructions on how to install and use it on your device of preference.
To get your digital certificate in Barcelona as soon as possible, please fill out the form below and we will get in contact with you to get the process started.