NIE ASSISTANCE BARCELONA
One of the most important and first steps in starting your new life in Barcelona is getting your NIE (Número Identidad Extranjero), which is your identification as a foreigner living in Barcelona. As discussed on other pages on this site, the NIE is a very important step forward in establishing yourself in Barcelona in terms of the ability it gives you to legally work, get a mobile phone contract, purchase properties or vehicles, open a resident bank account, and much more. For this reason, NIE assistance in Barcelona is a very important service to consider. The Spanish system is known for its bureaucracy and can make the simplest of tasks much more complicated than it should be.
Please note: This page it’s contents (as well as the service we office) is only for EU Citizens. Citizens of non-EU countries who require NIE assistance in Barcelona may find the information on this page.
Why do I need assistance?
As anyone who’s had experience with getting the NIE will tell you, it is not an easy task to undertake! There are many obstacles that have to be dealt with, such as:
- Ensuring that you are even eligible for the NIE
- Obtaining the correct appointment
- Actually getting an appointment date
- Ensuring that you have your appointment at the correct office
- Checking that you have the right documents
- Confirming that you have the correct health insurance or bank balance (depending on your circumstances)
- Ensuring that your spouse/dependent has the correct paperwork
A large percentage of people that show up at the NIE office don’t even realize that they need an appointment just to enter the building! Another large percentage almost always have the wrong documents or have documents missing. Then there are also those who are incorrectly informed by a friend of a friend of a friend that they can go to an NIE office outside of Barcelona where they do not require an appointment.
WE CAN HELP!
Since we work with people from all over the world who have different circumstances, we have a good measure of experience in knowing the best way to deal with each unique case. We have helped expats from Canada, USA, Indonesia, China, Australia, South Africa, and most European countries to get their NIEs fast and without any problems (see some reviews here) We also assist with translation of documents and opening of bank accounts. Whether you are coming to study or work, invest in property, or simply to take some time off for yourself, we know what the requirements are and what you need to do to get your NIE as easily and quickly as possible.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
There are 3 different ways in which we can assist you with your NIE. Depending on your level of Spanish, we recommend the Gold or VIP Package for the majority of newcomers to Barcelona, as the clerks at the NIE office speak very little English and if you don’t have a translator with you, it might get very complicated. In addition to that, the requirements vary between the different NIE offices, so unless you have the assistance of someone who knows exactly what is required for the particular office where your appointment is scheduled, you may very well end up running around and wasting time by trying to figure out what documents are missing or which tax is applicable for your application.
If, however, you are confident that you know what paperwork you need and you speak some Spanish, the Silver Package would be right for you.
We can also assist you with getting a social security number or put you in touch with English-speaking clerks who can assist you with opening a bank account and getting health insurance if you won’t be working in Barcelona.
Please note that we can not guarantee specific dates for appointments, as they are determined electronically.
–PLEASE NOTE that in case more than 1 appointment is required, such as is the case for persons who are registering as “autonomo” (self-employed), or those applying with non-EU family members, we can customize a NIE package for you.–
To get the process started as soon as possible, just fill in the form below and we’ll get in touch as soon as possible!
* All prices exclude IVA (VAT) of 21%. With the exception of the “VIP Plan”, all cancelled appointments can be rescheduled (if required) at an additional cost of €50 (excl VAT). We do not offer refunds (full or partial) in case of cancellation. A separate tax of €12 for the NIE application is applicable for each applicant which is not included in the fee. We do however prepare the document for the applicant who can pay the tax at the bank before his/her appointment. **Seven business days from receipt of payment of the fee will be counted in case the ExPress service is selected.